In 1721 Diethelm Schobinger built the «Lusthaus Belvoir», knowing how to successfully utilize this extremely attractive site with its fantastic panoramic view on the left shore of Lake Zurich. Since then hospitality has been cultivated under the name Belvoir, later as a wellness center, finally as a hotel.
As of 1951 the community of Rüschlikon became co-owner of the property and, at the end of the seventies, approved a rebuilding of the hotel. Soon it was apparent that the hotel was too small to hold its own against the competition. At the same time the community was repeatedly requested to give up its «expensive hobbyhorse». After a failed attempt at selling the hotel to the trade association «Gastrosuisse», the voters, in September of 2008, approved the sale of the traditional establishment to Heinz and Beatrice Meier from Thalwil. They already own the Hotel Sedartis in Thalwil, which – since its opening in the year 2004 – has made a name for itself as a successful conference- and business hotel.